2012 CCC and U of C Active Open Tournament

Open to everyone including the community and members of the CCC/CJCC

Final Standings >>  http://calgarychess.com/WORDPRESS/?page_id=2723

UofC Standings >> http://calgarychess.com/WORDPRESS/?page_id=1655

Pairings Round 7 TBD this morning, a number of withdrawals are expected.

>> When:  Nov 10/11, 2012

Location: Calgary Chess Club

Parma Tech Centre

#274, 3359 – 27th St NE


Tournament Organizer: University of Calgary

Tournament Director: Frank Kluytmans, CCC President

Pre-registrations can be made to Frank at email:  (fekluytmans@gmail.com) by Nov 1, 2012 @ 6 P.M.

The results of the top 6 finishers of UofC players will qualify for the University Team Championship to be held at McGill University in January 2013.

80 % of the entry fees will be used as cash prizes (community members will be eligible for cash prizes!)  The remaining 20% will be used to subsidize the cost of the trip for the UofC team.

Format: 10 Rounds CFC Active-Rated Chess (Game in 25 minutes + 10 seconds per move).  Six rounds on Saturday Nov 10, 2012 and four rounds on Sunday Nov 11, 2012.

Schedule of rounds Saturday:

  • R.1 10-11
  • R.2 11-12
  • LUNCH 12-1:30 Pizza provided by the UofC
  • R.3 1:30-2:30
  • R.4 2:30-3:30
  • R.5 3:30-4:30
  • R.6 4:30-5:30

DINNER will start from 7 to 11 at a place booked by the U of C Organizer.

Schedule of rounds Sunday:

  • R.7 10-11
  • R.8 11-12
  • LUNCH 12-1:30
  • R.9 1:30-2:30
  • R.10 2:30-3:30

All games finished by 4:00 pm.

Award Ceremony finished by 5:00 pm!

Up to 3 half point byes are permitted from round 1 to 5 (byes do not count toward score in determining qualifiers for the UofC team).

CFC Active Memberships are required.  It will be CFC active rated.

Entry Fees will be as followed:

$10 to any University students (including UofC, UofL, MRC, SAIT, professors, and staff  (must show their school I.D.)

$30 to community members , $10 discount ($20) for junior and female community members

FREE to FM, IM, GM titled players!

For anyone wishing to play only 1-2 rounds, the entry fee becomes $3 per round.