2016-2017 Calgary Chess Club School
Sponsored by the
Benefits of chess: >>
- Improves analytical thinking.
- Develops concentration and focusing skills.
- Encourages interaction with others.
- Easy to learn and challenges the intellect
Dates and Times:
- Every Saturday from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- $20 annual charge per child
- 10:00 AM to 12:00 AM, reserved for group lessons for the beginner, kids with no rating or less than 400, and kids wishing to learn the basic moves of every chess piece. A suggested age is 6 years of age and older. Younger kids have a very hard time understanding concepts.
- Participation in any session assumes a complete knowledge of the moves and rules of the game. If help is needed in this regard please visit the website: http://www.chesskids.com and watch the video and do the introductory lessons there.